Old java applications are depreciating day by day and Java applet or java start applications are not able to run in the browsers because they have stopped support for it. In this short article, you will know about running java in the browser.
Nowadays, the java applications are built on top of GWT, and other technologies, which allows the browser HTML to render these java applications and interact with them. But, this support is not present for the old and legacy Java applications to run in browsers.
No doubt, running java in the browser will add more comfort for the latest technologies and Java apps but our main target is those companies, large scale and small-scale organisations that are using old, outdated, and legacy java applications and want to run java in the browser because there is not so much for the old java web application to run in the browser.
Situation of Tech Dept
People kept on using the legacy applications in their systems and kept on loading it with data of their companies, but now they are in a stuck state. They cannot move their old Applets or Java applications to another language because it requires a lot of time and financial resources, along with the risk of losing important data. People are now in search of simple and easy to migrate solutions for old Java apps.
Advantages of running java on the web
- No extra hardware/software required
- Full support, no update required
- Same look and feel as on native OS
Webswing offers all of this goodness in one place. You just need to open your Webswing console on your web browser and your application can be managed right from there. In the next section, we will discuss start using Java on the web using webswing.Webswing is a web server that allows you to run any java swing application inside your web browser using only pure HTML5.
Key features of Webswing are
- A browser only you need to have – No installation of Java swing application is required on the server. Just a few clicks to start your java app on the web.
- No source code changes required: Install your own Java libraries in your system and just tell the path of them to the Webswing. The rest of the work will be done by the tool.
- All browsers are supported: Most famous browsers, Google Chrome, Safari, Firefox, IE, Microsoft edge are supported to run Java in pure HTML5 standards.
- Embed Java application on your website: If you want to embed and use your Java application in your website, you can just copy the JS code snippet from Webswing website documentation and that’s it.
- Look and feels like as it is on Native OS
- Printing support: Simply click the printing button and webswing will display your printed document in your browser.
- Test Tool: It enables the smooth performance and stable execution of Java applications on the web.
- Cluster engine: Enterprise customers can enjoy the high scalable performance and load balancing.
- Migration framework: Step by step migration is provided by webswing. You don’t need to hire any extra developers to do so.
So, that’s all regarding running Java in the browser using Webswing. It’s the most efficient way of running a swing app in an HTML5 browser without changing a single line of code. Webswing is recommended for organisations looking for support for their legacy java applications.