Employee monitoring softer has to do with many capabilities that companies can take advantage of. Companies need to be sure that their employees are meeting the set productivity standards and that they are aligned with policies that are set by the company. It is also important to ensure that they adhere to the best online behaviors to protect the company’s privacy and reputation and avoid information leaks.
Worker tracking tools were created to ensure that there are data footprints that can support companies to deal with any legal disputes that may come up, decrease time wastage, and support promotions and raises for the employees who have proven themselves in different positions.
Working remotely has become a thing and having an easy-to-implement way to measure productivity for remote workers is a welcome thing.
How the software works
Each software is designed in its unique way and the main intention is to protect companies from external and internal threats. They are the best to help managers uncover the employees who are working hard and the ones that are trailing behind.
The software works to achieve different things such as:
- Monitoring email: pc monitoring program can monitor emails so they can identify internal data theft and make sure that email policies are adhered to. Companies can review data from outgoing and incoming emails, webmail, business email, and the different senders and recipients. Attachments, content and subject lines can also be scrutinize
- Desktop screenshots: Worker-tracking tools can be used to take desktop screenshots so that you can easily tell what an employee is doing at a particular time. Smart camera screenshots, alert word screenshots, and employee workstation screenshots.
- Control and block access to files: search words may specify internal files that have sensitive company information that only a few are allowed to access. The tool can help control access to such files so that only the people allowed to view them can do so.
- Social media charts: workers tracking tool can offer data charts that illustrate the different behaviors on social media, this makes it easy to tell the different online trends. The data can include unproductive websites frequented during working hours the time spent surfing, top chat/IM users and so on.
- Sorting data: managers can easily collect data per employee. Things like job hunting during regular working hours can be identified. Data can be sorted in different ways so that actions can be made easier.
A worker-tracking tool is an easy-to-implement way to measure productivity for remote workers that 34 percent of workers can use. You get actionable data that can be used to make remote working more efficient and productive.