The recent pandemic has forced all educational institutes to adopt a different educational model. Virtual studying, examinations and e-learning apps are the new methods of teaching and learning. Most educational institutes have adapted an online learning platform for their day-to-day activities. However, many are still unsure about the adaptability of e-learning platforms and portals for online examinations.
The digital revolution in the educational space
Universities, schools and even most educational institutions have partnered with an eLearning app development company to develop their own Learning Management System (LMS). These systems often come integrated with e-portals for holding online examinations. By using e-learning portals, teachers and mentors can use a variety of evaluation methods other than just the traditional ones.
Evaluation methods for examinations in online training programs
Evaluation methods of online examinations vary widely from online training programs. These need to be integrated during the e-learning app development to ensure the student can have the best examination experience. However, to provide an excellent experience, some basic tools should to be included:
- Multiple choice facility: MCQs have become the most common method of online assessment. An e-learning app can simplify the generation of MCQs based on content provided.
- Fill-in-the-blank facility: Generating fill in the blank questions for online examination ensures the student can have a simple examination experience. These allow instructors to assess the knowledge retention.
- Open ended answering: Open ended answer ensures the student can answer questions with the help of writing tools. Rich text formatting features can make their answers more attractive.
- Scientific calculators: Adding a facility of scientific calculators in e-learning portal ensures the student doesn’t have to look for a physical calculator. They can simply open the in-portal calculator and work faster.
These are the four tools that should be included in an e-learning portal. While many schools have adopted this technique, few institutions question the reliability of online examinations.
How reliable are online evaluations?
Yes, online evaluations are a reliable technique for all training and educational programs. However, the reliability of this depends entirely on how much you trust your students. You can partner with the best e-learning app development company and create an excellent online testing module, but ultimately, the scores will depend entirely on your students.
How do online exams work?
Online examinations are simple and efficient as a four-step process.
- You partner with an EduTech company and collaborate on e-learning app development. You can customize the app to your requirements.
- You upload your student’s data onto the portal and get individual login credentials.
- You generate a link for the question paper/examination once you’ve set the paper. This link is shared with students who log in using the credentials provided to them.
- Once the student submits the examination, you are notified of the submission.
You can further add smart analytics to evaluate the learning score of each app. E-learning app development companies can provide a variety of testing tools. Once you’ve developed a unique e-learning app and examination portal, you can take advantage of launching an online training program.
The Major Advantages Of Online Training
- Flexibility: Online training programs can be used by students from all walks of life. A student has the complete flexibility to complete the training program. This ensures you aren’t targeting only a small percentage of students.
- Mobility: The advantage of e-learning app development is that students can learn any time anywhere. Students can complete the training program while they’re travelling or at odd hours.
- Cheaper: Online training is cheaper for both the institute and the student. The institute does not need to invest in getting premises while students don’t have to invest in books, notes, etc.
- Community: When a community feature is included in the e-learning app, students and teachers can interact with forums. This gives a sense of community even when there’s no physical interaction.
- Online Support: Getting help from professors or teachers isn’t limited to office hours for students. While the teacher may not reply immediately, the student can still send the email.
- Progress Report: progress reports can be generated easily on e-learning portals. These usually have analytics features that complete the evaluation process within minutes, reducing the burden on teachers.
- Accessibility: Online training programs launched on e-learning portals are accessible to students on a global scale.
- Information Retention: Online training programs can include teaching aids like videos, pictures, etc. that make information retention simple.
- Constructive Criticism: Providing constructive criticisms is simple on online training platforms. When MCQs are included a simple ‘wrong answer’ is enough for the student to understand.
These are the nine advantages of online training programs. Partnering with a good e-learning app development company ensures a school or institute can make its programs accessible on a global scale. It is possible to manage online examinations on e-learning platforms. All you need is a good, reliable development partner.