Do you have certain social media platforms that you’re connected with but would like to access them from abroad? Are you having trouble accessing them? Well, there might be a lot of reasons around it. There are huge platforms like Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Netflix and more that have over millions of users daily, and the popularity keeps growing over time.
However, there have been countless of users who often complain about not being able to access them, especially since the service is allowed within their countries. Here is the situation, there are numerous of reasons around why you’re not able to access your Facebook, Instagram or Hulu accounts – whatever the platform may be.
The first reasons that comes to mind are geo-restrictions, geo-blocks and geo-surveillance. These are the number one reason why you’re probably not able to access your accounts nor sign up for a service. The laws in certain countries are different. Some of them allow access to platforms like Facebook while restricting access to Netflix.
It does not matter if you have a subscription account and were able to access them before. Once you step outside a certain region, you will immediately lose access to it.
If you’re able to access Netflix, and not the US library, it’s cause of regional and copyright laws. With that said, to gain access back to social media services or streaming services, you’re going to need the best software for it. At the moment, the best software to gain access back to your media accounts and with privacy, is a VPN.
What is a VPN? How does it help?
A VPN, short for Virtual Private Network, is a security software that mainly helps users maintain online privacy, security, and allows them to change their IP address. When you connect to any one of the VPN servers, you’ll be able to connect to various platforms from abroad or within your own country.
Other than that, a VPN allows you to protect your device and data from being monitored or run under surveillance within countries with harsh laws against internet freedom.
Where it comes to accessing social media platforms, the best VPN will be able to offer you safe and smooth passage to numerous platforms. It all depends on which platform you’re trying to gain access to and from which country.
Not sure how to use a VPN or choose one? Refer to the guide below.
How to choose the best VPN to unblock media services from abroad
Even though a VPN software is the number one way to access certain platforms that does not mean that every other VPN is reliable or the best for all tasks. There are certain VPN services that log user data, and some that offer a very limited number of servers that make it very difficult to access streaming services or social media platforms. Some come with poor security features that are needed for online privacy and protection. So, with that said, it’s crucial that you choose a VPN not only to access blocked content, but one that allows you to surf the internet without any hurdles. Here’s how you can choose a VPN like that:
- Choose a VPN that offers numerous servers that allow you to unblock and access a whole number of services, regardless of whether they’re local or international.
- Data logging is a huge issue, especially since websites and apps sell them to third parties. So, to avoid that, choose a VPN that does not log user data.
- Some VPNs offer a large number of servers while others offer a smaller network. What matters is that the VPN you choose offer a smart collection of servers. It should incorporate a list of locations that have the best or most popular content and apps.
- A free trial and a money-back guarantee is crucial. It gives users the chance to understand how the VPN works and to test certain servers.
- Choose a VPN that offers top of the line encryption and other security features like DNS leak protection, Kill Switch and more.
How to use a VPN
Doesn’t take a lot of work. Here’s how you can get started:
- Subscribe to the best VPN and create your account with it.
- Download and install the VPN on your device
- Launch the VPN and sign in to your account
- Connect to the best server.
- Unblock an app, a streaming service or social media platforms!