It could be that you own a business and have hired employees to manage different departments. Your employees are undoubtedly one of the most important resources without which no business can run or succeed. But then you do need to implement a computer activity monitor to track effectively your team’s productivity.
Tracking employee activity on your employee computer
There are available different types of computer tracking software in the market. Implementing them allows you to track user’s computer activity. Using a central console, your tracking ability enhances manifolds.
- You can monitor app usage to find out which employee is using some unauthorized software or playing games.
- Track web browsing. It also includes time that is spent on individual sites, web page title, exact URL, etc.
- Get to monitor bandwidth usage and indentify who is responsible for network slow down with Sports, Twitch and Netflix streaming.
- Idle time tracking to find out how active every user has been on their computers.
- User desktop auto screenshots while using certain sites and apps.
Pros and Cons involving employee monitoring tool
To increase productivity and remove common obstacles, it is necessary to understand your employees’ potential concerns. But before you plan to deploy the monitoring software, it will be essential to know the pros and cons of its implementation. Going through this tracker can provide valuable information.
- Employees will not get tempted to browse unwanted, unproductive sites.
- Allows collection of user activity data, thereby enhancing business intelligence.
- Create easy to enforce acceptable use policies.
- Identify underworked or overworked employees or departments.
- Improve remote and in-office working habit visibility.
- Track utilization rates to diminish software expenses.
- Time track features to track time spent during work hours on computers.
- Identify pirated or unauthorised software usage.
- Employees fear that their employers or managers will micromanage their work habits. Even a small deviance will mean eliminating sense of autonomy.
- Employees will feel of being monitored and scrutinized round the clock. They also develop the negative feeling of their employees not trusting them to take professional steps.
- Workplace surveillance and data privacy laws may regulate employee monitoring.
- Sensitive employee personal information may get captured as they use work devices to do some personal tasks.
Hence, before you plan to adopt workplace monitoring software, it is extremely important to first understand workplace surveillance ethics.